We know that these difficult times have made it really hard for couples looking to get married but that the desire to do so is stronger than ever so we thought we would set up a monthly feature to share with you the wonderful wedding venues that the PV&E portfolio has to offer to give you some food for thought when planning your dream wedding.
Whether you are looking for ideas for hosting a small ceremony and celebration in line with the current restrictions or planning ahead for a big event to share with all your family and friends, when circumstances allow, we have something to excite everyone.
Wedding Venue of the Month – April 2021
This month we are featuring beautiful The Athenaeum.
The Athenaeum is a beautiful Grade I listed building located in the heart of historic Bury St Edmunds offering an exclusive and absolutely bespoke setting for a wedding. Licensed for civil ceremonies and partnerships, it is the perfect venue for a truly memorable day.
The elegant, Georgian Ballroom is an ideal setting for wedding ceremonies, wedding breakfasts as well as evening receptions. This ornate and impressive space is completed with a grand high ceiling, a beautiful balcony and a sweeping staircase for that fairytale entrance as well as backdrop for some magical photographs. With ample space for a DJ or a band as well as stunning, wooden dance floor, this room is most ideal for celebrating and dancing the night away.
A stunning grand staircase leads guests to the Lounge which can accommodate a more intimate occasion, from a welcome reception, wedding breakfast or an evening celebration. With a built in bar area, fabulous skylight and beautiful view onto the Angel Hill, it’s a gorgeous setting that will provide life long memories.
The Old Billiards Room is also available for ceremonies for up to 56 guests. It is located on the ground floor and has a striking black and white tiled floor and ornate pillars surrounding the room.
- Georgian Ballroom
- Grade I and II listed venue providing a beautiful, historic background for weddings
- Used by Charles Dickens and William Thackeray for readings and lectures and was historical a place for social gatherings in the town
- Flexible venue, offering a range of spaces to accommodate weddings of various sizes
- City centre location with great transport links
- Licensed for civil, ceremonies and partnerships
- Dedicated team of chefs and event planners to help you create the perfect occasion
- A great group photo opportunity leading up the grand staircase, it’s an excellent spot to use as a backdrop for couple portraits and also group photos with all guests.
- The Ballroom can be used for ceremonies, wedding breakfasts and evening receptions
- Option to utilise the Water Garden located just across the road in the historic Abbey Gardens for arrival drinks and canapes giving another great photo opportunity
Wedding Packages at The Athenaeum
If you are looking for a small intimate wedding celebration to fit with the current government restrictions, please note that our venue is due to re-open from 17th May and we would be delighted to create and host this special occasion for you.
For more information please contact The Hub and view our Wedding Look Book.