As we move towards coming out of lockdown and reopening some of our venues for meetings and events in the coming months, we wanted to reassure you that we are working away behind the scenes planning our approach.
As you may know Sodexo has a presence across multiple public and private sectors, including healthcare, business and industry, and government. We have supported clients in these segments with specialist expertise in disinfection cleaning, managing social distancing and revised food services. We are also very proud that many of our Sports & Leisure teams have been called on to deliver the Department of Health and Social Care’s Covid-19 drive-through Testing Centres across the UK.
Whilst we await the government guidance as to when and how we can re-open, we wanted to share with you the areas we are working on to ensure we are able to restart in a safe and secure way. The safety and well-being of our staff and customers is, as always, our key priority and we are creating a plan that will allow us to welcome delegates and guests back into our venues with a safe, secure and yet still enjoyable experience.
We have a global reopening programme ‘Rise’ which gives us a process, roadmap and checklists for working with clients to deliver revised post-Covid solutions.
As part of the Rise programme to support reopening in our Sports & Leisure business we are prioritising the following:
- Training procedures for all staff on site to ensure that safety in service is their utmost priority and that they are full equipped with the tools and knowledge to provide our PV&E experience safely
- Deep cleaning procedures which meet Public Health England/Scotland/Wales guidelines
- Restricting capacities in all venue spaces in accordance with guidelines to allow for social distancing, as well as social distancing guidance and signage throughout our venues
- Implementing new procedures for arrival, registration, break periods, PPE and social gatherings that allow these to happen safely but whilst still creating an enjoyable experience for those attending.
- New detailed protocols for safe food service, catering and hospitality covering our menus, service and merchandising
- Practical tools to support new way of hosting meetings and events
We are planning to share more detail in coming weeks so you can start to see the detail of how these measures will help with the planning of your next meeting or event.
Finally, our sales team The Hub is still very much open for business, available to take questions and queries, move bookings (cancelling and refunding where required) and also deal with new enquiries for the future. We are pleased to report that future booking enquiries are strong so please do continue to contact us on 0845 6055 699 for market insight and up to date information on when a venue will be re-opening.
Also please look out for some of our latest social posts… our Ingredients Challenge for some home cooking tips, our Virtual Venue Tours for new venue inspiration or enter our ‘Where are we?’ competition for a chance to win a voucher for your next event.
We want to thank you for your ongoing support and we really look forward to welcoming you into our venues again soon.