Contact our Hub team today to find a venue that meets all of your green meeting needs.
Corporate Social Responsibility at PV&E
Corporate Social Responsibility
We understand that it is more important than ever to consider corporate social responsibility when choosing a venue for a meeting or event. The PV&E portfolio of venues are working towards a ‘Better Tomorrow’ for meetings and events in line with Sodexo’s wider corporate social responsibility programme to 2025.
The Better Tomorrow Programme focuses on ways we can reduce our impact on the environment and add benefit where we can whilst creating extraordinary event experiences for our customers.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life of our employees, clients and customers through the services we provide and the events we deliver and to contribute to the economic, social and environmental development of the communities in which we work. We make sure that our approach to enhancing people’s quality of life embodies principles of diversity, sustainability, environmental awareness, local prosperity, and respect for every kind of resource we work with which can be divided into these core areas.
- Great people and great service are integral to our business. It is our people that make the meeting and event experiences at PV&E venues so special. We invest to ensure that we recruit and nurture the very best talent to deliver exceptional and memorable event experiences for our customers.
- We give our people the opportunity to grow and thrive with structured development and career planning in an inclusive workplace that is safe, motivating, and empowering.
Our Partners and Suppliers
- We work with carefully selected partners and suppliers who echo our social responsibility ethos so that together we can have a positive impact on the environment whilst developing our businesses and providing the ultimate experience for our customers.
Our Venue and Event Clients
- As the official catering and hospitality partner at our portfolio of venues and events we understand the importance of working alongside our venue and event partners to help reach our collective social responsibility goals from supporting the local community to reducing waste, energy and water use and managing the supply chain.
Stop Hunger is a Sodexo initiative active in over 40 countries around the world. In the UK, we work with charities to donate time through, skills and money to tackle hunger, support good nutrition and promote life skills in local communities.
The Stop Hunger Foundation supports a variety of charities across the UK that help to tackle hunger and malnutrition, either through directly feeding vulnerable people, delivering education or skills training that equip individuals to improve their overall wellbeing and eating habits.
Our PV&E team members support the foundation through a variety of fundraising initiatives, volunteering at food banks and distribution centres, donating surplus food from venues and events and taking part in our employee lottery.
- We understand the importance of supporting the local communities in which we work, and, alongside our global programmes, we work with many local community projects to support and give back to the areas we work in.
As a global catering organisation, we take responsibility for the impact food production and event delivery has on the environment.
Food is at the heart of everything that we do, and we are therefore committed to sourcing quality, seasonal and, wherever possible, local produce to creating delicious, satisfying and sustainable menus for our customers
We believe that, wherever possible, we should use fairly-traded and ethically sourced products. All our meat from British farms is Red Tractor certified, our wild fish and seafood is sourced from MSC certified fisheries and farmed fish comes from sustainable well managed resources.
Reducing waste is a key focus for our business and are working to reduce waste and manage efficiencies in the following areas:
- Energy in lighting, heating, cooling systems and refrigeration. We are working to reduce carbon emissions by 34% by 2025
- Water, reducing the wastage of water were ever possible
- Over 80% of our sites have implemented measures to reduce both organic and non-organic waste
- Working with our LeanPath and Wastewatch programmes to minimise food waste and manage any unavoidable waste products responsibly. We are working to reduce food waste by 20% by 2025 (example coffee grounds, herb gardens, ORCA)
- Packaging and disposables are reused and recycled where possible and all single use plastic has been removed and we have found environmentally friendly alternatives to replace these
- Supply Chain, ensuring we are working with responsible suppliers, optimising deliveries, and minimising packaging.